The Game Plan:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to be part of a successful, growing and ambitious community football club and commercial enterprise.
Harborough Town Football Club is an FA Charter Standard Community Club and a Nike Partner Club which is a volunteer led not for profit charitable trust and can trace its roots back to the season of 1975/76 and has been at its current location since the 1990s. The club provides the opportunity to play and enjoy football for the community with teams representation from u5s through to adult.
We are seeking a new team player (or players as job share arrangements will be considered) who want to be part of this success. The successful candidate(s) will need to be well organised, have the ability to work without close supervision in a role that will provide variety and a flexible working pattern.
To be part of the team you will need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with attention and accuracy to the varied responsibilities that will be expected from this role. Whilst previous football administration experience may be desirable, as the right team member with the desired ethos, attitude and hunger to develop is more important as training will be given in this role where we expect to see personal development and confidence grow.
Harborough Town FC
Competitive and dependent upon experience
37.5 hours per week – flexible contract and working pattern to include some weekend working (4 hours per weekend)
Job Share & rota will be considered
Want to be in the team?
Think that you want to be part of the winning team, then here are
some of the skills and experience we are seeking:
- Prior experience within an administration/ secretarial/personal Assistant role.
- Proven competency in the use of varied PC programs such as Microsoft Office 365 and bespoke programs/applications.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to work to timelines and prioritise workflow in a flexible environment where peak demands may compete.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with key stakeholders both internally and externally, as well as our membership and external clients to who you may well be the first person they meet.
- Administration of and distribution of communications to our members and external clients via a number of channels, including Website and Social Media applications.
- Ability to research and summarise external commercial markets and peers where our business operates or wishes to expand into, with supporting evidence to allow the Board of Trustees to make informed decisions on strategy and
A full job description profile is available, however as part of the team, your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting our Club Commercial and Development Executive in delivering first class experience to our users.
- Membership Enquiries ranging from new members through to maintaining existing membership records and payments.
- Match (pre and post) administrative duties, including preparation of referee payments for collection, acknowledgement of any County FA or League communication post matches and other related matters.
- External partners – working with and communicating as necessary to ensure all purchases, payments, club facilities
availability, etc are undertaken effectively and efficiently, including where necessary co-ordinating with our facilities team where their involvement is essential.
- Front of House Welcoming, dealing with visitor arrivals, directing and liaising where necessary those enquiries.
- Club Shop – when not open and manned to be first point of contact for customers wishing to place orders, collect items or
What You Need to Do:
As an approachable, communicative individual with a positive approach to wanting to deliver best of class experience and service, with a desire to personally develop within a community club environment and you can see yourself being part of the winning team, please send your CV and covering letter to:
The Chairman, Harborough Town Football Club, Harborough Town Community Trust, Northampton Road, Market Harborough LE16 9HF
Closing Date: 16th December 2019
As the role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful
To download this job spec as a PDF, click here.